The picture that I've chosen to describe is taken from the very popular TV show Breaking Bad. There are none of the main characters displayed in the picture; actually, the guy on the left and the woman in the middle are not known to the viewer at all whereas the junkie on the right is one of the closest friends of Jesse - the main character.
The show itself is about the chemistry teacher who finds himself in a difficult position in life - he finds out that he's got cancer and that there is no money neither for his expensive and nerveless treatment nor for his family financial security for the future.
This particular scene is from the episode 9 season 5 and as you can see, the guy on the right (called Skinny Pete) is being mugged of his batch of meth he was selling. It is a great example of the mentality of these addicted people. They will do whatever it takes to get the drug; they will rip off or even kill their best friend because they just can't resist. Because have you ever heard about that junkie who was satisfied with just ONE more taste of the good stuff?? Neither have I...

Sheesh... Jesse's friends are totally unreliable. I guess that Mr. White needs to reconsider his exporting and distribution strategies. Haha. By the way, there is a great tv series called "True Detective." You should definetely give it a try. It has just 8 episodes... And back to your post: it is nicely written as always. :)
ReplyDeletehaha I think Mr. White doesn't have to reconsider anything anymore!! Yeah I've heard about it a lot but I haven't had time to watch it yet. But I will soon!! It's is supposed to be amazing.. plus Woody Harrelson :3 I'm getting the feeling that this show won't disappoint me ;)
ReplyDelete