Monday, November 25, 2013

I must...

I must study hard!!! Such a cliche, right?! It is so true though... Every New Year's Eve I find myself promising myself that this year all is going to be different, especially school related stuff. And the way it goes is always the same. A week later I end up being that lazy unreliable doing-everything-at-the-last-minute person who I hate so much!
I think that there are many aspects associated with this problem. For me one of them is certainly TV shows. If it weren't for them I bet I would not be having this problem at all. I simply watch too many of them. There is at least one show for every day when a new episode comes out and I tend to put this event first and forget all about the preparation and readying for school. Now you probably think that it is no problem, I can just do all the stuff later when I am finished watching..well it is not so easy. I cannot just stop watching and go studying. Firstly, I am not a person blessed with a strong will as you have probably already noticed, and secondly, TV shows are so catchy that it is just physically impossible for me not to continue watching.
I think this may be a problem for many students (maybe not only them) but in my opinion there are a few suggestions that we can try. For example by promising ourselves some sort of reward for every bit of studying we do. Also the help of other people is appreciated because they can help us stay strong and resist the temptation of being disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment