Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Oscars


Even though I don't watch any TV programs, I made an exception for the 86th annual Academy Awards. This year's host Ellen DeGeneres certainly rose to the occasion and managed to guide us throughout the evening with the typical 'ellen' humor starting with a hilarious opening monologue which I consider the peak of the whole evening. I love the way she uses sarcasm without actually really hurting and offending anyone!! Especially the part when she was talking to Jennifer Lawrence, pointing out the accident from last year when she fell on her way up on the stage as a winner for her memorable performance in Silver Linings Playbook.
Of course, there is a bunch of other moments worth mentioning!! Like the EPIC photo Ellen took just in the middle of the show in order to break Twitter which she did because she's AMAZING haha!! For like 15 minutes Twitter broke down. Ellen, you rock!!
Or!!! She ordered a pizza for hungry celebrities! The pizza delivery guy was quite shocked. I watched the Ellen show the day after the Oscars and she invited him as a guest. He was speaking about the amazing experience which he had no idea was coming!! He thought he was just delivering a pizza for some people backstage and then when he arrived at the spot, Ellen just grabbed him and all of a sudden he popped up in the hall with all the celebrities he knew from TV! Quite a shock, I can imagine.
Given that I was also satisfied with the winners ( although I hoped Leo would win :/ ), I consider this year's Oscars a success.

6 comments:

  1. I also watched the Oscars and I was satisfied both with the winners and with Ellen as the host of the whole evening. I like her sense of humor and as you’ve mentioned there were some hilarious moments, but still I consider her sense of humor rather mild in comparison with the last year’s host Seth Macfarlane! The Oscars with Seth were hilarious, but I guess he’s not for everyone… Some of his jokes ware maybe too controversial. For example, "Django Unchained is the story of a man fighting to get back his woman, who's been subjected to unthinkable violence. Or as Chris Brown and Rihanna call it, a date movie."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. But I still find that joke funny!! Seth did great last year, but I also heard some comments of people not fully satisfied with his way of hosting the show. They argued that he was sort of an 'attention hog' and not really paying attention to the community of celebrities. As for me, he was great! Elegant, funny and a great singer! WE SAW YOUR BOOBS ♫

      Delete
  2. Too bad I missed Oscars this year. I'm really thining about watching at least the record of the evening. I can't imagine being that delivery guy :D But I guess I'd prefer Seth MacFarlane too. As we both know, his humour can sometimes go over the top, but it's unique in its frankness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't watched the oscars this year, but i still recognize the EPIC photo that broke the entire twitter down, lol. I hear oscars this year were pretty awesome. I had no clue about the mentioned pizza guy, that's really amazing! I be the didn't expect that to happen to him that night! the funniest thing is that Leo didn't get an oscar again!! that cracked me up so bad!!!! if you haven't seen his tweet from that night then you should definitely look it up cuz it's all worth it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that show! To be honest, I had been expecting Leonardo DiCaprio to finally win an oscar for his tremendous actings during the last few years, but it turned out that we would have to wait for another few years to make this happen! On the other hand, Matthew deserved it as well!

    ReplyDelete