Saturday, October 12, 2013

Me and English

Hey!
As you already know I study English for Business at the University of Pardubice but today I would like to share a bit more about English as a part of my life.
Well I started studying English as my second language in the first year of high school. Many people might say that I have a disadvantage because of the fact that I've been learning English for 5 years only but I actually think the opposite. I am grateful that I've been learning English since high school because that was the time I first started thinking about what I would like to do in the future and what my future job could be so now I am afraid that at that time English would have been ruined for me, because let's face it, in many cases pupils don't get any good foundation in language at elementary school. Anyway, at high school I got an amazing
English teacher who got me interested in English thus directed me the way I am now.
For me, English is not only something I really enjoy studying but also something that is necessary to know these days. It is an international language as we all know, everybody speaks it! Even people who are not interested in languages in any way will probably need it someday, either when they will go on a vacation and they'll need to ask somebody about something, or when they will watch some English or American TV show and without knowing the language they won't be able to understand a word! And that is actually what I think is the best part about it- I am not dependent on translations anymore! Of course that is not true every time, I do realize that I have a lot to work on, but the basics are mastered I would say and now I have to improve, improve, improve...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment